It’s time to fight the Graham Cassidy bill, aka another attempt to remove health care from millions of American citizens and residents. In case you live under a rock, brush up here:
Larry Hogan is on our side, for once. Read his take on it here:
HERE’S WHAT YOU CAN DO NOW:
- Text RESIST to 50409 and use Resistbot to make sure Senators Cardin and Van Hollen know they have your support. You can also use Resistbot to thank Governor Hogan for growing a pair, on this issue.
- Sign up at https://www.trumpcareten.org/calls-to-kill-trumpcare which allows us, as Marylanders with leftie senators, to SPEAK TO FOLKS IN OTHER STATES WHO HAVE RIGHTIE SENATORS. Read the synopsis below, so you’re not scared, then GO DO IT.
Here’s how the TRUMPCARE TEN effort works:
- Sign up below to make phone calls from our peer-to-peer dialing tool.You’ll get an email confirmation with a login, password, and URL to sign into our system. Once signed in, you can start making calls immediately—and we’ll give you a script to make it as easy as possible!
- Next, you’ll call a voter in a key state with a swing Republican Senator.These folks are your friends—they attended the Women’s March, they’re standing up to #DefendDACA, and/or fight for progressive causes.
- You explain how they have power now.You’ll remind them why the continued fight against TrumpCare is so important—and why they have particular power in this moment.
- You ask them to use their power. You’ll ask them to call their senator in opposition to the bill, and to share their own reasons for opposing it.
- The tool connects them to their Senator’s office.The call tool will allow you to automatically patch them through to the Senators’ district offices.
It’s super easy: more than 1,000 Indivisibles in blue states made 100,000 phone calls to constituents in our target states in the final two days before the healthcare vote in July. And we won. We can win this time, too.